On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 18:56, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Honest description:
I think the seller was unintentionally misleading, not dishonest.

> Polaroid 545 film holder. Shows normal wear from moderate use. Finish worn to
> bare metal when it slides under camera ground glass. Scratches on plastic
> roller housing above loading slot, could be crudely scratched initials (JP)
> or
> just random. Some crud on back and on rollers. Nice unit for its age. I would
> say (SB) EX- but will rate it VG+ just to be safe. I believe the BIN is a
> fair
> price.
Email him some close up pictures. Ask for a partial refund.

> I wrote this just to evaluate things in my own mind. Looking at it I guess
> your, "Check my feedback…", says it all. It should have been a red flag to
> me.
I don't agree. "Check my feedback" means "I'm a reasonable guy and I
always correct things even when I make mistakes or I wouldn't be able to
keep my good feedback"

> Funny thing is I would still have bought it with an honest description just
> would not have been so enthusistic.
And you'd have offered a lower bid, that's why a partial refund makes sense.

> Do to time and budget constraints I will keep the holder, but I guess I want
> to ask what you yourself would consider fair feedback if the situation was
> reversed?
The threat of bad feedback should be more direct but he'll get it.

Example of my misadventures:
1. I bought an SFXn with zoom lens in "perfect condition" for 83 Euros
2. Camera arrived after 1 month.
3. Lens had condensation marks below the front element.
4. Camera popup flash did not work
5. I complained to the seller
6. Went to ship to have the lens cleaned (10 Euros)
7. Seller payed for the cleaning (or would get bad feedback)
8. Put an auction on Ebay for the SFXN body sayin that flash is not
working
9. Asked the seller to pay me the diference if the camera sold for less
than 40 Euros (or would get bad feedback)
10. Camera body sold for 108 USD, I emailed the seller to telling him he
owed me nothing
11. We were both happy and on friendly terms, I gave him very good
feedback

You can call me "dishonest" for demanding things like that, I think I
was VERY reasonable.
I always try to be reasonable and understand the other person's point of
view. I only gave bad feedback once; I never received bad feedback; one
other time I just accepted a faulty item and resold it on Ebay as faulty
because of feedback revenge fear.