Thibouille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Just looked at the shop I ordered my D (located in France) and saw
>following prices:
>
>ist-D: 839 euros
>ist-DS: 729 euros
>ist-DL: 809 euros
>
>So the DL is definitely suffering from the "new thing" symptom.

A person "in the know" whom I spoke to recently suggested that the price
of the DL is being kept artificially high for a while to protect dealers
and distributors who have a lot of the DS and need to move them out
before stocking the DL.

Nikon is doing the same thing with the D50 - it's generally priced
substantially *more* than the D70. As soon as existing stock of the D70
is thinned out, the price structure will become more rational.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing