On 17 Jun 2005 at 21:27, Mishka wrote:

> steal? adobe gives away demos at their site. which just
> happen to be exactly identical to the full-fledged version.
> i mean, if i give you for free an inoperative LX ,
> you replace teh foam and end up with a fully functional
> camera, is that stealing?

Software protection keys aren't vaguely analogous to a piece of foam, they are
there to protect the interests of the company and I'm sure that there are
warning to indicate that anyone using illegal keys is acting unlawfully. It is
however lawful to obtain a legitimate older unregistered (or registration
transferred) copy of Photoshop then pay for an upgrade to the current version.
This is the legal upgrade option that Adobe have put in place, they fully
expect users to take it up as an option, I'm sure it's in their business plan
under profit not theft.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998