Collin Brendemuehl wrote:
I'm going to copy them back to the SD & put it back into the camera,
> to see if the camera might repair them.

Don't. You will destroy the original data on your card.

Something in this line happened to me once, with Ds.

Files were not lost, they were correct size, but sort sort of shifted, with actual image data starting from middle of file 0001 and ending in the middle of 0002. I managed to save the files from the card using Easy Recovery software, "raw recovery" feature, defining PEF file header in custom options of the program.

I do not recall this problem happening with any earlier camera with CF card.

cheers,
tomasz.
www.libertus.pl/foto