Kevin Waterson wrote:

This one time, at band camp, Joaquim Carvalho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

- 9 larger soldering tabs on a PCB are a lot more reliable than 50 much
smaller ones, this is true both in the camera and in the card
- contact surface on an SD card is easier to clean
When was the last time you actually soldered either of these?
Not me but people at my company did a couple of months ago, we do handheld data terminals for industrial use, we decided against compact flash networking cards because reliability issues.

Compact flash derives from IDE (the way motherboards connect to hard disks on PCs) The (larger contacts) IDE cables have always caused many many problems on PCs, they're finally being replaced with serial ATA.

Do we want the miniature version of IDE in our cameras???

And a 386 processor and a version of MS-DOS to go with it?