Hey you guys have been using digital for more than a couple of years. By now
you should be able to tell what kind of coverage a given lens has on an istD,
Ds, Dl without having to compair it to film cameras.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"
-----------------------------------

Fred wrote:
FOVET(35,APS)?

My hat's off, Doug... May I suggest we shorten it to FOV(35,APS). I am going to use that notation. It rules :-).

That looks pretty good to me, Boris (and Doug) - it's short, it includes
the pertinent info, and it looks like a programming function - <g>.

Perhaps I might suggest FOVE(35,APS) instead.  This includes the
"equivalence" aspect (since it's not just the FOV, but the "apparent
equivalent FOV" that is involved), and it reminds me of the "fovea" of the
eyeball - <g>.

Fred