Hi.

as someone who shoots a lot of macro stuff, I'd seriously recommend the
Tamron 90/2.8, which is 1:1, and is a fabulous portrait lens to boot. Its
exceedingly sharp edge to edge, and has a 55mm front end, which fits most
ring flashes out of the box. It comes in Manual and autofocus versions.
Having had both, there is nothing between them in optical terms, but I have
found that the manual focus lens required a decent focusing screen when you
are in real close.

However, I don't as a rule use ring flashes, as I have found it next to
impossible to get a TTL unit to fit pentax here in Ireland at any sort of a
reasonable price. I generally use two metz 45 bracket flashes on standard
light clamps. Its ungainly, but works ok. it also requires a large degree
of co-operation from the subject :)

Hope this helps,

T.

-
Terence Mc Goff                                   | [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      If its worth doing, Its worth Overdoing.
                      John William Corrington, Shreveport, 1956.

PLease report all problems and flames to mailto:/dev/null ...........