At 9:15 AM -0700 7/16/05, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
On Jul 16, 2005, at 6:10 AM, Alan P. Hayes wrote:

I'm with Godfrey here, only I use an incredibly inexpensive cosmetics brush.

As here:
<http://194.100.88.243/petteri/pont/How_to/a_Brush_Your_Sensor/a_Brush_Your_Sensor.html>

This is worth a read even if you don't end up doing it his way.

Yeah yeah. Rub it in. ;-)

Godfrey

At least we're both reasonable people with a natural aversion to scrubbing away at our cameras' delicate innards. Your brushes are probably better than mine-and I bet you take better care of them!

Do you buy that static charging business, by the way? I swear that at least one time for me the cleaning process was more analogous to sweeping everything into a pile, and then picking it up.

I've also found that it's worth keeping an eye on how dirty things are (by doing the light filed shot at a small aperture shtick). The darn stuff snuck up on me when I was in California and I ended up having to remove "beauty marks" from a certain eminent poet's face that were not really there! :-)
--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design

Photographs at
http://www.ahayesphoto.com/americandead/index.htm

http://del.icio.us/ahayes