Gautam wrote:

> I'm thinking of getting an MZ-S and wondered how
> solidly it's built.  Would it be likely to last
> a few decades of weekend use?  Also, how good is
> it at keeping dust out?  I travel a fair bit to
> dusty places so both things are important.

It is very well built. It is the structurally stiffest Pentax body ever (that
says a lot). It can take the weight of a 600/4 lens without flexing the mount
or the body (the Nikon F90 mount will flex with a 80-200/2.8 lens! So will the
tripod socket).
The shutter of the MZ-S is a unit with 1/8000s max speed. It has been detuned
to 1/6000s in order to increase durability. The camera is not weather sealed
but it has less openings where dust can come in than bodies with two command
wheels, except for pro bodies from Nikon and Canon.
It is certainly the best AF choice from Pentax in terms of built quality and
durability. It's long term survival rate is hard to judge at this stage.

Pål