On 8/11/05, Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 11/8/05, Juan Buhler, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
> >Uh, why would people using $800-$1200 DSLRs and people using film
> >cameras so naturally go for a $3000 DSLR?
>
> Because they could save as much again on film, processing (and maybe even
> printing) costs?

Well, that takes care of the film people, and they could save that
with a $1000 DSLR anyway...

BTW, I had the chance to handle a Rebel XT, the 8Mp Rebel, and it is
very small. Nothing like the Rebel X with its plastic blob appearance.
This one actually seems very usable, with the only exception of the
viewfinder.

Juan Buhler
http://www.jbuhler.com
photoblog at http://photoblog.jbuhler.com