Shel, there is no guarantee on how long any DSLR will last at this point in
time.

Maybe never.

But I am not sure that is the question one should ask before moving over to
digital.

I think some other questions are more pertient. Like how long will film last?
How long will good film developing/printing labs last? We have only two good
ones left in CC County that I know about (and I consider it only one good one).

Other questions like that seem more relevant.

Personally, I find my own work flow (viewing pics, editing/improving pics,
making a print) easier with a DSLR. But, true, I didn't use film all that long
(3 years ?, something like that).

In the end, it's more keeping up with the world/changing times than anything
else.

Marnie aka Doe