On Aug 24, 2005, at 7:21 PM, mike wilson wrote:

Anyone used one of these?  Any opinions?

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=2101

A friend of mine has one of these and is very pleased with it. At the time he purchased it he was able to evaluate both Nikon and Canon's offerings as well, both of which left him unsatisfied.

I have the big brother of that model - the Multi Pro. I think it's fantastic, but I am biased by how much I spent on it :(

However much memory your computer has, double it. No, triple it. Trust me.

The 5400 apparently has the "Scanhancer" (a hardware grain diffuser) built in and at 5400ppi that would be indispensable. I ordered the set for my Multi Pro and now I won't scan without it.

Cheers,

- Dave