> From: David Mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2005/08/24 Wed AM 09:28:26 GMT
> To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
> Subject: Re: Film scanner question
>
> On Aug 24, 2005, at 7:21 PM, mike wilson wrote:
>
> > Anyone used one of these?  Any opinions?
> >
> > http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=2101
>
> A friend of mine has one of these and is very pleased with it.  At
> the time he purchased it he was able to evaluate both Nikon and
> Canon's offerings as well, both of which left him unsatisfied.
>
> I have the big brother of that model - the Multi Pro.  I think it's
> fantastic, but I am biased by how much I spent on it :(

That's the one I'm aiming for but my wallet keeps crying, wailing and gnashing
its cards.

> However much memory your computer has, double it.  No, triple it.
> Trust me.

I can't fit three gigs in.  I think.

> The 5400 apparently has the "Scanhancer" (a hardware grain diffuser)
> built in and at 5400ppi that would be indispensable.  I ordered the
> set for my Multi Pro and now I won't scan without it.

Hmmm.  Even though I'll have to buy a USB2 card, this seems like an excellent
deal.  I've even got nine months interest free on a new card, so I don't need
to pay for it all at once.  The only problem is that I _know_ the Multi Pro
(III? - one of the eralier ones is already there) will appear the moment I
order this one.

Any idea of accessory multi slide feeders?  That will be the clincher.

mike

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software