well, if Kodak keeps to its schedule for reducing headcount, there are 10,000 more jobs to go between now and the end of next year, much of which will come from the manufacturing side. about half the factories have to go yet.

Herb....
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Roberts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 10:03 AM
Subject: Re: The Nature of Film's Final Throes

Not specifically, but then it may not have been anything specific. This
long, slow attrition at Kodak has really killed morale there, even, I
suspect, amongst people whose jobs are relatively safe. Incidentally, I
think "pessimistic" may have been the wrong word to use because this is
a very optimistic person by nature. 'I think "resigned" might be a
better word. I think he believes it's just a matter of time until his
job goes. That may not be true, but almost everyone I spoke to seems to
*feel* this way.