the total print volume through traditional retailers is beginning to rise again. it's not expected to reach the former peak again for quite some time.

Herb....
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Roberts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 10:32 AM
Subject: Re: The Nature of Film's Final Throes

But your point is well taken. The industry has been reassuring itself by
saying, essentially, "it's all about the print". In other words, that
they can always sell prints to consumers, even in the digital age. I can
clearly remember when I got my first film scanner: My immediate reaction
was "Yee ha! I don't have to bother getting prints to see my photos any
more!" No more boxes of prints to store!