While we're on the subject of computers, my ageing-but-venerable Blue and
White G3 Powermac will shortly be retiring, after some 3 years of
service. I bought it used, so it's now 5 years old. All I did to it was
flip a dip switch on the CPU to bump it up from 400 to 450 Mhz and cram
in an extra hard drive (complete with bodged, er I mean custom built
double-decker drive sled) and bump up the RAM to 1 GB. It has served me
well, but it is too slow in Photoshlop now, so time to go.

<http://tinyurl.com/bwcno>

*sniff*

Instead.....ta-daaaaaa:

<http://tinyurl.com/aamaz>

G4 dual 1 Ghz with 4 hard drives, 1 Gb RAM, 2 DVD writers and plenty of
speed for me. Buying used, so will part out some of the drives on eBay to
recoup some cost, leaving me with a formidable machine. (Anoraks FYI: yes
it has a later Pabst fan aboard :-)

Will bump up the RAM some more and let's rock and roll.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__