I see. Shel lecturing everyone about how to post is okay, but Martin pointing out how Shel's email client works is annoying. Gotcha.

P. J. Alling wrote:

People who endlessly hector others with details they don't want or need to know are annoying. Shel is happy with his e-mail client, it does what he needs. You can top or bottom post, it's up to you. It's a free Internet, (well we all pay for it but you know what I mean). Those of us who understand the technical issues don't need reminding. Those who are simply users don't care. This is a photography list, (with a lot of personality thrown in). I don't think that we need some self appointed traffic cop lecturing us on how to drive, with a side on how the carburetor works thrown in. Some people don't care how it works and it's hard to cause a multi car pile up on the "information super highway" without using malice. I can't stop our new friend from lecturing but I can let him know he should tone it down. He doesn't have to stop, after all it's a free Internet.