Cant you guys read my posts before you make such comments about me? I
have explained repeatedly its not just the issue or K/M lenses on an
istD here that concerns me its Pentax turning point decision to no
longer support something without technical or financial CAUSE. Its
ridiculous that a camera as sophisticated as the istD doesn't properly
meter with K/M lenses because of a $5 part's removal for strategic
not photographic or compatability reasons. This situation is ONLY THE
START of something bad because they absolutely had a firm policy for deacdes
to NOT do that kind of thing and now they suddenly have done a 180
apparently to sell more blades for their razors..

Secondly while its true stop down metering CAN BE more accurate
in sufficient light but if the tolerances of the lens apertures
are kept within design parameters and the cam sensor as well , the wide
open metering can work with more than enough accuracy for even
narrow latitude slide films. That is why the entire photo industry
abandoned stop down metering about 30 years ago. Think about this
if stop down meter is "better" than why doesn't the camera stop
down meter with A, F, and FA lenses too with no open aperture
option? Sorry but to me that pretty much proves that the very
slight possible benefit of stop down metering is trounce
by the convienence and extended metering range of open aperture metering
AND a true AE mode.

Lastly, stop down metering is now and has always been possible
since the switch to open aperture metering. There is nothing
making both methods possible on the same body so by saying
stop down metering might be more accurate under bright light
conditions doesn't mean open aperture meter has to or should
be deleted.

JCO