-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Erik Nordin
Sent: July 9, 2001 05:12
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Inner focusing and FA* 300/4.5 ED(IF)

Hi all,

After following the digest version of this mailinglist I finally decided to
join! Glad to be able to get all valuable information, and possibly later on
to share some myself!

And so my questions: I am looking at a used example of the FA* 300/4.5
ED(IF) which seems to be a good lens, although lacking a tripod mount. Three
questions:

1. How does it balance together with a MZ-3 (or MZ-5N/ZX-5N)? I have the FG
battery pack almost permanently mounted.

2. What does IF mean? The reason I ask is that there is a separate telephoto
support from Manfrotto (art. no. 293), that sort of straps on the front end
of the lens (a little hard to describe, but you can see it on
www.manfrotto.com, select photo tripods and heads/accessories/arms and
brackets...). I guess this support would work best mounted somewhere on the
lens that doesn't move (rotate or extend). What about this lens? Does IF
mean that all lens movements for focusing is internal and that the exterior
of the lens doesn't extend or retract when focusing? In that case this
support would probably work fine. Otherwise you would have to focus first,
and then mount the support.

3. Is there any other useful accessory?

Thanks in advance,

Erik