Ironically, my worst film performer (Formula 5 28mm f2.8) is quite acceptable on Digital. And it's a cheap off brand K lens I bought for $10CDN.

-Adam

P. J. Alling wrote:

Well Pentax supports them, in all exposure modes. They certainly don't treat them as if they were obsolete. Don't you see a flaw in just about every bodies logic here? On both sides of this debate? I know I do. Especially since I have a number of K/M mount lenses which give as good as or better performance on the APS digital format than they do on film.

William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "P. J. Alling"
Subject: Re: Camera engineering (was Re: Rename request)

There are also newer lenses, post K/M that exhibit CA when used on digital, are these also obsolete?

I have one of those as well.
If it's not correctable, then for digital, yes, it isn't usable, and by definition, obsolete, even if nothing has replaced it.
YMMV

William Robb