On Sep 25, 2005, at 6:57 AM, Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:

I am choking at the possibility of scanning once. You are planning to scan twice?

I'm on my third round of some stuff.

My first film scanner was an Agfa Arcus 1200 which goes up to 1200ppi. I wanted something affordable that could also handle medium format.
After that I bought an HP S20 - 2400ppi but 35mm only.
In January of this year I somehow managed to convince myself to cough up a cheque big enough to buy a Minolta Multi Pro. If you need to ask how big those files are, then you don't have enough memory.

I'm not hugely fond of scanning because it involves choosing my favourite slides - so I tend to become very fussy about them and realise that I don't like quite so many of them after all :)

I've actually been a bit lazy in rescanning my S20 stuff because the existing files print very well at A4 size. A couple that were shot on fast film really need the Scanhancer treatment so I'll rescan them someday... but one of them is a neg and I *hate* scanning negs, despite most of my best macro work being done on them.

- Dave