GD> Please show me what you interpret as grain aliasing. I've been
GD> scanning everything from Tech pan to Tri-X pushed to ISO 1600 for
GD> many years. What I interpret as grain aliasing with grainy films (>
GD> ASA 100) is non-existent at 4000 ppi, I see no grain aliasing with
GD> ASA 25-100 films.

If you do a search for the term you will find some comparisons and
theories and examples.

I simply know, that I have had made great 30x40cm and larger prints
from iso 800 film without much grain, the traditional wet enlarger /
pro wet lab way, while even the 4000 dpi scans (scanned competently)
showed a lot of noise.

Good light!
           fra