On 25 Sep 2005 at 12:33, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> There comes a point when increasing scan resolution that image
> quality does not improve but the grain becomes more apparent. Keeping
> scan resolution just under that point is my goal, because otherwise
> the grain's appearance starts to predominate in my perception of the
> print rather than the image I was trying to capture.

On top of which if a film scan is so resolute that it resolves grains/grain
outlines then altering the image gamma in any way is impossible to do with
predictable results until the image is reduced in size or purposefully blurred.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998