Cotty wrote:

On 27/9/05, keith_w, discombobulated, unleashed:

It's a small university town, filled to the brim and overflowing, with aged old hippies and *far* left liberal souls...

Isn't there a linear accelerator there? IIRC it runs across / under the
freeway? Going purely from memory of 30 years ago.... I 280?

Cheers,
  Cotty

I think there is one, 10 to 15 miles south, and a tiny bit east of the north-south peninsular freeway, behind some of the ubiquitous hills...

I drove by there, northbound, some couple of years ago, and ss I recall, looking out the passenger's window; there were signs here and there, but nothing to actually SEE!

I wzs hoping to refresh my memory from when *I* lived up there, thru 1980, to see somethng I recognized, but...nothing's ever the same, is it.

I attended Berkeley for a year or two*, but lived in Concord.

(*) Advanced structural engineering and nuclear reactor design, as I recall... again, way too long ago.

keith