On 27/9/05, John Francis, discombobulated, unleashed:

>You're thinking of the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center,
>which is in Palo Alto (as is Stanford), not Berkeley.
>It does indeed run under 280, and can (briefly) bee seen
>from the freeway.  It's not particularly impressive from
>the outside, though - just a mile-long shed in a culvert.

Ahaaaaaa. So  my memory does not entirely fail me - it simply twists and
turns all about me, taunting me and teasing me. No wonder I live on a
different timeline to everyone else, out of phase by a second or two.....

Thanks John.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__