When moving back to the SF Bay Area from Pasadena in 1988, I asked a friend who lived in Berkeley whether it would be a good place to look into as I was going to be working in San Leandro, just a few miles south. His response was classic: "Well, anyone who lives in Berkeley goes to San Francisco all the time for entertainment and culture. Whereas most people who live in San Francisco never bother to go to Berkeley." I always thought that was very funny.

I moved to San Francisco. Would love to move back there, but it's out of commuting range by my personal standards if you're working in the San Jose neighborhood.

Godfrey