I do basically agree with what you are saying. It is worth noting, however,
that the doubt directed at JD Colour was much more reasonable as Albano
had proof that he paid (cancelled check or money order receipt, I expect)
and JD Colour never (to my knowledge) offered any proof that they shipped
the item. I can't imagine how any reasonable person could look at this scenario
and *not* be more suspicious of one party than the other.

I've certainly learned a lot from this incident myself. In the future I'll
*never* ship any of my eBay sales without at least a package tracking number.
(I have occasionally done so in the past for very inexpensive items.) It
boggles the mind that any retail business would do so, especially when shipping
overseas. The fact thet JD Colour would do such a thing has, quite frankly,
influenced my opinion of them at least as much as the way they handled the
incident.