In answer to your last question, yes I've perceived that to be the case sometimes, but not with the Chongwagon comment. However, it's not all whining and negativism. Some of it's an ongoing analysis and, yes, speculation regarding the future of the brand, and therefore the wisdom of future potential 'investments'.

I single-handedly, and others who tend to share the same views, will not make those views come true. Pentax, having marketed and produced in the manner they have, are responsible for their image, ranking in the marketplace.

Tom C.

From: "John Forbes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Pentax Future? What's next for Pentax...
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 19:38:16 +0100

Which is a pretty big market if you think about it, in MF terms.

Why don't you post a lot more negative messages about Pentax? That way you'll make your worst fears come true.

It seems to me that in life we need a certain amount of optimism. People who get things done are optimists; people who whinge and bellyache are not nice to know and tend not to amount to much.

Have you noticed that the most prolific posters of pictures on this site, and the best photographers, do not as a rule jump on the Chongwagon. They just get on with life and take pictures.

John