Lucas wrote:

> Currently. That still does not prove an in-lens system is better in
> principle. As a simile, public radio shifted from wireless technology to
> wired and back at least two times in the last 100 years...

Right. Basically Canon had no choice being stucked with the in lens motor. This
solution makes a totally electronic mount which is much cheaper to manufacture.
Anything mechanical increase prices significantly these days. Anyway, all this
AF speed is mostly bullshit. According to Andy Rouse in his "Life in the wild"
book, the AF system on the Pentax 645NII, BTW mediocre by Pentax standards, is
giving as many keepers as the Canon EOS-1v with "L" lenses. I've been
positively underwhelmed by the same cameras AF performance when trying it with
the Canon 35-350 L lens.

Pål