PAUL STENQUIST [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:

> I spent three weeks in New Zealand a couple of years ago, New Years Eve
> to about January 20, and I'll never forget it. Absolutely spectacular. I
> was on the south island, and, while although I was working, I had some
> time to see various parts of it. (Fortunately my job included location
> scouting.) The mountains were spectacular, the trip down the coast was
> beautiful, Even the farms, which grow flowers for seed crops, were
> unbelievably beautiful. But my most lucid memory is the blue-green water
> that runs down out of the mountains. I've never seen anything like that.
> I hope I can go back some day.
> Paul Stenquist

I agree.  I spent a slightly longer period there 20 years ago, but
I was working; we only got a couple of weeks where any sightseeing
was possible.   We never got to the Southern Alps (the big mountain
range on the south island), but we did get to see some amazing sights
(including subtropical rainforests full of plants found nowhere else
on earth, the Rotorua geothermal area, etc., etc.)

I've only got a couple of images from that period scanned, at present.
They can be found at the new home of my website (the old SGI address
will be going away very soon):  http://www.panix.com/~johnf/

    http://www.panix.com/~johnf/gallery/images/fountain.jpg

is from the South island - that shot was taken in Christchurch.

--
John Francis  .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .  (650) 429-4427
MyWay.com       444 Castro St.  Suite 101,    Mt. View,   CA  94041

Hello.  My name is Darth Vader.  I am your Father.  Prepare to die.