Paul Stenquist wrote:

True enough of the classic Bimmers. Contemporary BMWs with stability control and traction control do fine. That's pretty much true of any rear driver. Without an extremely talented driver or an equally talented computer, they can be a handful in the rain. That being said, I drove a 340 horsepower Chrysler 300C in the rain on Chrysler's test track up in Auburn Hills. It has a stability control system based on the Mercedes electronics. Try as I might, I couldn't get it to stumble even on wet pavement with the pedal to the metal. With the system switched off, keeping it on the straight and narrow required a very delicate touch, and I found I couldn't equal the performance of the electronics using just my brain and my foot.
Paul

Very interesting data point, Paul.
In a Chrysler, no less! How things have changed...

keith whaley

[...]