----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom C"
This is a prime example of Pentax missing the boat. I would have gladly purchased him an *ist D derivative if I felt secure in the 'Pentax future'

Ya'll,
I just don't understand this "Future" Concept.
Would you not buy a toaster because GE doesn't exhibit grand plans to release a line of newer more featured toasters? How about a car? I mean, the Civic from Honda has been around for ever and been getting better all the time, evolving into some thing completely different from where they started. When the 07 cars come out with two more airbags, better vehicle control systems, sat/nav, and a better cup holder, do you guys just assume the 06 model is "obsolete" and not worthy of any consideration on it's own merits?

Me, I bought the *ist D because it looked like a killer camera for my use. That hasn't changed. Are there things I'd like to change? Hell Yes. If I was buying another DSLR anytime in the next decade, I'd like for Pentax to have addressed these issues. But heck, unless this one craps out and I can sell my dogs for WAY more than they're worth...I'm not in the market for another camera.

So what does it matter to me whether the *ds-lmno is better or worse or even in performance?

And while we're at it...Can somebody please tell me why the hell I should care if they run my card as a debit or credit transaction? It's all coming out of the same account..I don't get it.

Cory
made a good dinner tonight ;)

.