On 27 Oct 2005 at 20:17, William Robb wrote:

> More years ago than I care to admit, I did a gallery hanging with another
> photographer.
> The show was in a cafeteria in a well trafficed office building.
> I put up a bunch of my pretty B&W landscapes, the other guy put up his
> socially relevant pictures.
> I remember a picture titled "Fluffy", which was a dessicated cat corpse in the
> middle of an abandoned farmhouse living too. We figure the poor fellow had
> frozen to death. We put this picture over the condiment area, but they made us
> move it after a couple of days...... No sense of humour.
>
> Where was I?
>
> I don't know.

I don't know but I can add to the thread (surprise). A local and notable
photographer here was pushing a series a couple of years back. All the pics
were of road-kill, squashed, spattered, dried, flattened, sun bleached, all
wonderful stuff.

I just think of how many missed photo-opportunities I've blissfully rolled over
through the years and frankly it doesn't worry me one bit. If the pics were
used to push the plight of some particular furry creature that had a habit of
becoming ground into the asphalt at a certain traditional crossing point I'd
understand but really who really wants to view pic after pic of squashed wild
life?

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998