Rob Studdert wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2005 at 20:09, Ann Sanfedele wrote:
>
> > Well it sure looks like babbling coke -- what is
> > really going on here?
> > polluted waters? just reflections? inquiring minds
> > want to know...
>
> Hi Ann,
>
> It's just a naturally tannin-stained otherwise fresh water stream though it's
> the darkest one I've seen, deep still waters under shade looked ink black.

I cant recall seeing anything quite that color
that also was that sparkly -
seen plenty of deep still waters in shade, and
glacial green and ,Peter,
my grandparents house was walking distance from
the mighty muddy.  I know
mud doesn't equal pollution, though there is
precious little of it left
that isn't polluted I'd wager.

I think I would have liked to have seen a bit of
land or something for scale
in the shot, Rob...

Of course--- coke is a pollutant :)

annsan