On 10/29/05, Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 29/10/05, Frank, discombobulated, unleashed:

> Pardon me Frank, but I still own and use Pentax photographic equipment. I
> don't consider myself a defector.

first of all, i have no problems with defectors.  it's whiners i have
a problem with.

second of all, if you're not a defector, then i apologize.  however,
you did switch slr systems several years ago, when you got your canon
dslr.  i know you put pentax lenses on it from time to time, and it
may be that you still have an mx body.  but the fact remains that you
switched from a pentax-based system to a canon-based system, because
pentax didn't make what you required at the time.  anyway, cotty, i
didn't mean to insult you.  we all buy what we want to serve our
specific needs.  if you feel that you didn't switch systems, then
please accept my apologies.

> Besides, as you often post pics shot with a blooming Leica, isn't this
> the pot calling the kettle black??

not at all.  my 35mm slr system is pentax-based, and the vast majority
of my photographic equipment is pentax or k-mount.

i do take a lot of photos with my leica, because so much of what i do
requires a small, light, fast camera.  many here own more than one
system, as i do.  that doesn't change the fact that pentax is my
primary system.

cheers,
frank