Fra: David Oswald [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 3. november 2005 09:03
Til: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Emne: *ist-DS saving zero-byte files occasionally.

Over the last couple of months, on three occasions I've experienced the
following:

I review a few of the day's shots on the camera's viewscreen.  One shot
will come up as "Image cannot be displayed" (or something like that).
When I look at it on my computer, I find that particular image is just a
filename, but the file itself is zero bytes long.

This only seems to happen once in a great while.  Out of a thousand
shots in the last two months, it only affected three.  And it doesn't
seem tied to any particular memory card; I've seen it on both my 512mb
Sandisk card, my 1gb generic brand, and my 1gb sandisk.

I think what I'm doing is shutting the camera off by flicking its on-off
switch to the off position too quickly after snapping a shot.  I don't
know how I developed that wierd habbit, but I think it is somehow related.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior on their *ist-DS?