I've been reading again.
This time it's an article ("What's New With Zooms") in the Dec '05
issue of Outdoor Photographer.
Five categories of zooms are grouped and, among other stats, identifies
which have at least on element of "Aspherical/Special Glass." An
article foot note explains that "special glass" includes LD or
low-dispersion.
They have put together five groups of which include all the well known
major camera makers as well as independent lens makers.
I won't set down the complete article here, but in each case Pentax is
the only maker which shows an "N/A" in every zoom group. A few do show
"none". How that differs from "N/A", I can't guess.
The one that has me befuddled is the FA 80~200 f/2.8 ED(IF). I thought
the "ED" referred to Extra Low dispersion glass. Again, it's noted as
"N/A."
Any comments or guesses.
Is lens resolution as important as it was prior to PS?

http://mail.yahoo.com