I bought a second body (D), because I sometimes have to do an out of town shoot. You can't ask a client for travel expenses, then tell him your camera broke. But I've found that having two bodies can be great when shooting events or athletic contests where two distinctly different focal lengths are desirable. I shot a car show for a mag last summer and used the DA 16-45 on one camera and the DA 50-200 on the other. It was perfect. I was covered from very wide to very long, and both lenses deliver excellent results.
Paul