You could do what I did, Frank. Get a used highend digital P&S for when it is most expedient to use. I paid $200 for the Oly C-5050Z and $29 for a 512mb CF card (68 raw, 400+ jpg). I admit it has not supplanted the film cameras, but it has pretty much done so for the scanner.

BTW, I never did get my lenscap in the mail.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"