On Nov 28, 2005, at 18:20, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

What flash do you find works well on your istD or version there of.A Pentax flash, the
Sigma Super
500 or other lick Metz or Sunpack or Vivitar.

I've got the Sigma DG 500 Super

For your specific type of shooting, ie: wedding, landscape fill flash etc, what setting do
you find works
best. Green mode, Hyp P mode Tv, Av or manual.

I never use "Green mode". Pretty much "P" or "Av" have worked for me without problems.

Does bounce flash work for you or does
direct flash
only produce results.

Bounce seems to work quite well, when I pick the right angle! Only thing I wish that the Sigma had is one more "click" stop in the 45- degree spot, but it stays there well enough if I leave it "mid- position".

Oh, yeah - I use the Sto-fen Omnibounce on it, and it will only expose correctly if I have also pulled out the built-in wide-angle diffuser before sliding the Omnibounce over it. If I put JUST the Omnibounce on the head, I get 1-2 stops of overexposure. :-(

As an example in a decently lit lounge with florecent lighting i can get a good shot at
iso 800,in Green
mode with Sigma 500. Change to 400 or 200 and exposure is way off.

What ISO is set on your flash? I don't know if it makes a difference or not (seems like it should) but there is an ISO setting on the flash.

Oh, for a better manual than what came with the Sigma. That would make me happy.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]