I'll work on being "meaningful." In the meantime I'd love to feel
content with an answer to what I though was an embarrassingly basic
question: Will a 1.5mb or 1.5mp jpeg produce as sharp a 20x30 print as
a 6.0mb or 6.0mp RAW capture?
My guess is that based on mb, no.
Re-opening a seriously compressed jpeg should be sparingly done to
avoid artifacts? B'lieve that's what I heard and have experienced.

Jack

--- Rob Studdert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 28 Nov 2005 at 18:13, Jack Davis wrote:
>
> > How about my question?
> > Rather than retype it here (with one finger), suggest you just
> re-read
> > it.
> > (the initiating point that caused the question to be so stated, was
> one
> > made wherein I could save on CD storage if they were stored as
> 1.5mp
> > jpegs rather than in RAW.)
> > I simply question the end product produced from the smaller file.
>
> All I read was 1.5 meg which I assumed to be 1.5MB(ytes) not
> 1.5MP(ixels) which
> are of course two independent and oft misinterpreted measures.
> Everyone has to
> be arguing about the same thing for it to be a meaningful discourse
> :-)
>

> Rob Studdert
> HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
> Tel +61-2-9554-4110
> UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://members.ozemail.com.au/~distudio/publications/
> Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com