Bob Shell wrote:

On Dec 10, 2005, at 8:53 AM, Paul Stenquist wrote:

I asked them what their favorite beer might be, thinking I'd get hooked up to a locally brewed favorite. "Budweiser!" they unanimously exclaimed. What can one say?

Ah, but there is Budweiser and then there is Budweiser. One is a real beer brewed in Budvar, Czech Republic, for hundreds of years. Budvar is short for Budejovicky Pivovar - "Brewery from the city of Ceske Budejovice" Budweis is the German name of Budejovice and Budweiser means "from Budejovice". The other is absolute crap brewed in the USA under a stolen name that Anheiser Busch has absolutely no right to use. You can get real Budweiser in many parts of Europe, but I have never seen it in the USA. Try it once and you will never touch the American swill again.

Bob

You can actually get the real stuff in the US under a different name. IIRC it's called Czechvar or something similar.

-Adam