Thanks, that helped.  ;)

I had one photographer tease me about looking at my LCD after taking some shots, but I don't consider what I did any different than a first-rate advertising photographer shooting and inspecting a Polaroid preview image. Some of the biggest names in the business shot Polaroid tests. In fact, it was a mark of professionals, not amateurs.

This particular photographer asked me what I would have done if I had been shooting with my film camera. I said "I would have worried more about whether I got the exact shot I wanted, had it been film. With digital, I can know exactly when I have the shot I want and move on to something else. It actually makes more efficient use of my time, to look at the capture."

I don't consider what I do to be "chimping", as defined by that very fun little video clip. As for the other photographer, I saw some of his shots later. I think he should have checked his LCD more often. ;)

take care,
Glen