Frankly, one of the biggest bangs for your buck today, very sharp, and the
adapater is of such high quality you can use it on other lenses. Don't let
anybody tell you different. An absolutely amazing lens for the money, but be
gentle because it's basically plastic. Having said that, Herbert Keppler in
Photography magazine went looking for a reasonable macro some years ago and
was stunned at the quality of the lens after a series of very hard tests.
You can look it up.
Cheers - Martin