On 19 Dec 2005 at 9:21, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> That doesn't make sense since SFW strips out the color profiles.  I post
> all my B&W as greyscakle, not sRGB .... haven't had any complaints yet.

Have a look at the details of a grayscale image saved using SFW, you'll find
it's a 24 bit jpeg. As far as I'm aware it's only possible to save grayscale
jpeg images as grayscale out of PS using "save" or "save as". Curiously there
is little to be gained saving a jpeg as a grayscale image, the file size is
almost the same as the same image saved in RGB format.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998