In a message dated 12/24/2005 7:17:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Nothing wrong with rubber. But most rubber hoods are too short and too
wide to provide much real coverage. They're designed to be a "one size
fits all" solution. But any hood is better than no hood.
Paul
=======
Hmmm. That's probably why the rubber hood is fine on my 50mm. Short lens,
short hood.

Is there anyway to tell how long a hood should be? Without vignetting? I have
a hood (non-rubber) for a longer lens that might work on a slightly shorter
lens. Is there some kind of mathematical formula? Or is the only way to tell to
take some shots?

TIA, Marnie aka Doe