On Dec 27, 2005, at 4:44 PM, Kenneth Waller wrote:

Kinda hard to do, since I have the *istD.
I was wondering if there was some (over) exposure level that related to the turn on of the blinkie - like 1/2 EV or some such measurement.

IIRC, my test showed that the DS' blinkies ("Hot Spot Warning" according to the *ist DS manual ) fire when all three channels hit about level 240 on the scale from 0-255 (the [EMAIL PROTECTED] min-max).

What that relates to with regard to nominal exposure ... well, 18% gray (Zone V) should be between level 90 and level 110 in 8bit RGB space. I place Zone IX at level 193-220, approximately. Higher than that and you have lost data through sensor saturation.

Godfrey