From: William Robb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 11:11 PM
To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Nikon lens on M42 body???????

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. C. O'Connell"

>I am not a nikon guy but they sure made tons of SLR models
> and finders and screens. None of them are as good as an MX?  Wow, I am
>glad I never got into Nikon if that's the case.  Good thing too they
>don't take M42 or PK lenses either.  To hell with that.....

I've used many Nikons over the years; F, F2s, F3 HP, FM, FM2, FE, and a
Nikkormat FTN (technically not a Nikon).
I have handled, but not used extensively the FA and F4, and some of the
lower end cameras from the mid 80s, the N2000 and N2020, the FG (acronym for

f*&king garbage) and some of the early AF's (601, 801 IIRC)
Of those, I liked the F2 the best.
But it is no MX. The FM2 is every bit as nice a camera as the MX, though not

as compact.

In general, I prefer the look of the pictures I get with Pentax lenses,
enough so that I am willing to forgive a number of flaws in the product
line.

William Robb