On 2 Jan 2006 at 21:32, William Robb wrote:

> I did a locking adaptor on my 17mm Fishy Tak.
> I don't know if all the Taks are built thusly, but I took the lock spring
> off an adaptor, then used the screw to lock the adaptor to the lens, marked
> the back of the lens where the lock pin would be and cut a notch with a
> Dremel.
> It locks on just like a regular K mount lens.

This is what I meant however some lenses have a stepped rear and don't actually
touch the mount where the locking pin protrudes so there is nothing to
"Dremel", you'd need to add a ring in these cases, the SMCT 55/1.8 is an
example.

> I also prefer A lenses on the D, I wouldn't bother doing an adaptation on
> any lens I could get in a Ka mount.

I'm right there with ya.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998