On Jan 11, 2006, at 1:20 AM, Sylwester Pietrzyk wrote:

... I don't know if it is good for Apple or not, but less and less divides PC
and Macs - now it is essentially only Software.  ...

As it should be ... the Software is really what matters. Given near equal capabilities, the hardware matters not at all. I would happily run Linux rather than Windows if Apple tanked (fat chance ... Apple stock outperformed Google this past year) ... Windows gives me a headache: it gets in the way of doing what I want the computer to do more times than not.

Updates to universal binaries for Apple's pro apps will cost $49 each. Knowing how this works, that's near to cost recovery for the packaging, shipping and media.

Godfrey